As the world’s largest and most reliable resource for destination organizations, Destinations International strives to support our members’ success. By being a member, you are supporting the growth and future success of destination organizations around the world. Your membership grants access for your entire team to a wealth of important industry resources, access to educational opportunities and exclusive benefits offered only to our members.
Come Together, Learn Together
With ongoing educational opportunities offered throughout the year, Destinations International is committed to professional development and lifelong learning for its members. Whether you are new to the travel industry or a veteran with 30 years of experience, there is an opportunity tailored to your specific needs.
- Professional development opportunities including the Certified Destination Management Executive (CDME) Credential and the Professional in Destination Management (PDM) certificate program.
- Access to our Online Learning Center with on-demand and real-time educational opportunities.
- Access to industry research and advocacy resources such as our Tourism Lexicon, Architects of Destination Advocacy podcast and industry tools such as the Compensation and Benefits Reporting Platform and Destination Organization Performance Platform.
- Access to destination tools such as the Event Impact Calculator, DMAP Accreditation, DestinationNEXT Assessment, EDI Assessment, MINT+ and more.
- Discounted member pricing for all DI events.
- Access to real-time data from our industry partners and business members.
- Cutting edge industry thought leadership in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and Community Shared Value.
Exclusive Benefits for Small Destination Organizations
We are pleased to offer benefits to destination organizations with a total operating budget of US$3 million or less.
- DI Foundation scholarship program to attend in-person events or participate in CDME
- Tiered membership pricing based on organizational budget
- Tiered pricing for many tools and products
- 20% discount on Professional in Destination Management online courses
- Small destination sub-committee is a dedicated forum to share ideas and network with peers
- Education designed specifically for small destination organization professionals at in-person events and within industry webinars
- Special identification at in-person events
Share Knowledge, Gain Power
One of the biggest benefits of membership in your industry trade association is the power of fostering dialogue within a larger community. Through your organization's membership, access to resources and benefits extends down to your entire professional staff. This is an excellent opportunity to provide your team with additional learning and collaboration.
- Industry news through member updates, CEO Updates, News Brief, Meetings and Convention Industry Insights, blog posts and Career Center
- Network with your peers and share resources in the Online Community
- Access to the searchable Membership Directory
- Committee and Advisory Board opportunities to help shape the direction of your industry organization
Make Informed Decisions
Are you trying to understand performance metrics and benchmarking? Do you want to accurately assess and compare your organization’s achievements? Destinations International provides several tools that will help your team make decisions and provides comprehensive guides to evaluate, calculate and report on performance.
- Destination Organization Performance Reporting
- Compensation & Benefits Reporting Platform
- MINT+/Overnight Room Demand Analyzer (ORDA)
- Event Impact Calculator (Meetings, Sports, Festivals & Cultural Events and Local & Public Events Modules)
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Assessment Platform
- Resources for Meetings & Group Professionals
Dive Deeper and Grow Stronger
In addition to the rich member benefits, Destinations International offers unique tools to assist your organization in business development, customer visibility, strategy development and advocacy. For those destinations looking for specific ways to challenge their organization to reach that next level of success or to create additional buy-in with stakeholders